Escribir comentario

Comentarios: 24
  • #1

Malcolm Lindsay (lunes, 16 noviembre 2015 13:28)

Have to say a big thanks to Ron for a very memorable and truly enjoyable experience.
    The ride through the Alpujarras mountains are exceptional and on up to Pradollano, truly breathtaking. I know I've made a pal in Ron and will be back. Go on give it a try.

• #2

Myke (martes, 17 noviembre 2015 01:09)

I have been riding motorcycles for forty years, and can honestly say that the roads in Southern Spain are quite simply some of the most stunning I have ever ridden. They offer spectacular scenery and once off the beaten track are almost traffic free.
    I rented a BMW r100 which was perfect for the terrain and did not miss a beat.
    Ron takes a pride in his small fleet of bikes!
    The accomodation was clean, tidy and well situated for both coastal and mountain rides.
    Velez de Benaudalla is a quiet, friendly village with some nice coffee shops, etc.
    If you love biking, sunshine and drinking good coffee in ggod company...
    Just do it!

• #3

Deno (jueves, 10 diciembre 2015 16:55)

A great weekend Met Ron. A true bike enthusiast . His knowledge of the BMW,S And the rides around the countryside seem boundless. Although i have travelled a lot of these roads before(by car) I often thought I would like to ride these roads. Thanks to Ron. I'm a born again biker Great accommodation . Now lets talk money. You can get a 125 scooter in Nerja for 60 euros a day. Now look at Rons prices its not rocket science. to work out the better deal Will be going back to do it again. Cheers Ron .Thanks to Ana them meatballs . The best .x
    Deno.

• #4

Martin & Helen Kirk (domingo, 24 enero 2016 18:46)

We stayed with Ron & Ana w/c 11 January 2016, great self catering accomodation in an excellent location for both the coast and mountains inland. On two separate days we hired Ron's R100 BMW which was well prepared and spent one day visiting the many Andalucian hill villages in the Sierra Nevada, including Trevellez - the highest village in Spain, with has excellent cafes for lunch. The second day we headed west via the Sierra de Tejeda and took the road from Archez to Velez Malaga via Arenas. You're spoilt for choice for riding roads in this part of Spain, but this one was possibly the most insanely curvy road I've ever ridden - so bendy I was whooping out loud! Fantastic area for walking too - we'll be back.
    Martin

• #5

James (miércoles, 09 marzo 2016 21:00)

En route from Malaga through the Sierra Nevada to Alicante, I stayed for 3 nights here and Ron was a great host and the accommodation was very comfortable. Ron had provided 2 self guided tours which gave me a permanent grin throughout. Had my bike mirrors nicked in Rhonda before I got there and Ron helped me find a triumph bike shop in Granada to replace them. Beautiful roads, fantastic white villages, people and weather. If you haven't been here, you must and Ron will be an excellent host. Will be back for more.

• #6

Arthur & Judith (sábado, 19 marzo 2016 12:44)

We have just spent an excellent break experiencing a very well organised motorcycle tour in Andalucia, Spain. Ron provided us with spotless self catering accommodation which had all the essential amenities and a generous selection of breakfast foods. We did a four day guided motorcycle tour during our ten day stay and Ron as our guide ensured that we visited areas of this region of Spain that we would never have discovered alone. The mountain ranges were exquisite and whilst we absorbed the views we enjoyed the meandering roads on Ron's well maintained motorbikes. We thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of our tour, finding Ron & Ana to be friendly, hospitable and helpful with everything. When not touring relaxing in the quiet little village was great. It is such a brilliant experience and value for money that we would advice anyone to give it a try as it leaves you with unforgettable memories. Hence we are so looking forward to returning in the near future.

• #7

Glen & Lisa, Gilbert & Claire (viernes, 25 marzo 2016 19:28)

Fantastic riding, bike was never upright! The A-4050 is exceptional. Good choice of bikes as well. Accommodation was clean and tidy with the upper balcony offering fantastic views and a chance to soak up some rays. Ron is a brilliant host who loves his bikes, has a good knowledge of the area, and never seems to stop working, nothing seems to be too much. On our last night we had a home made paella with Ron and Ana which was very, very tasty. Shame we only had time for a long weekend. We will be back!

• #8

Mike & Babs (lunes, 23 mayo 2016 11:42)

We've just got back from an exceptional trip around Andalucía, Ron & Anna could not have made us more welcome. The bike trips were fantastic and the scenery stunning. Accommodation is excellent. Riding a 1992 BMW R100 was great fun having never riden a boxer before. We can't recommend the trip enough.

• #9

Steve Kirk (miércoles, 22 junio 2016 17:40)

The Kirk clan outing… Steve, Sian, Sam and Lynn.
    I would like to reiterate some of the previous comments and emphasise aspects of the week we have just had with Ron, that for me made it a most memorable and enjoyable experience.
    Bikes
    Absolutely perfect for the job, well maintained and in immaculate condition. Considering how old these bikes are, Ron obviously takes pride in their upkeep and understands the importance of this to his clients.
    Accommodation
    Ideally situated, very clean and spacious with all amenities, would be totally suitable for groups as well as couples.
    Riding Days
    Fantastic trips to places of interest, via well researched routes with very little traffic. Our four riding days with Ron took us to places that we would never have found left to our own devices, each day stopping for coffee’s and lunch in some really interesting locations. All rides are tailored to your own requirments.
    Host / Ron
    Ron’s fluent Spanish and intimate knowledge of the area made the ride outs an absolute joy, no wasting time with Sat Nav’s, maps etc, just follow and take in the breath taking scenery. Likewise for the stops, no fumbling with the language and wasting time, anyone who has toured on a motorcycle would see real value in this.
    Village (Velez De Benaudalla)
    Bars, shops and a really nice restaurant (Meson Nacimiento) at the top of the village make it an ideal base to return to after a day riding in the mountains.
    Excellent Holiday.

• #10

Steve Keemer (lunes, 07 noviembre 2016 15:35)

Just spent a weekend riding with Ron for the third time, every ride is different with Ron's superb choice of bikes a knowledge of the region. With plenty of variety no two days are the same , from a trip into the Sierra Nevada to heights of over 8000 ft to beautiful curves along the coast. There is always a lovely place to stop for lunch and Ron's local knowledge of the area and its culture is excellent.
    Velez is a typical Andalucian village set in the foothills if the Alpuharras where you still can enjoy the tapas culture, always a welcome end to your ride.
    Thanks Ron, I'll be back!!
    Steve

• #11

Stan (jueves, 20 abril 2017 23:35)

The day my wife and I spent riding through the Alpurjarras with Ron as our personal guide was unforgettable and the absolute high-lite of our two week tour of Andalucia. You have to be a motorcyclist to understand and to those of you who are should do everything you can to ride this area. I have ridden Yellowstone and Glacier National Parks, Beartooth Pass, and others. This ride goes to the top of the list. Thanks Ron. It is a long way from Idaho, USA but I hope to come back.
    Stan Gammon

• #12

Babek Zafar (domingo, 21 mayo 2017 14:15)

A big thanks to Ron for the motorcycle ride of my life.
    Having read the reviews here before I booked I was expecting the to tour to be really good.
    BUT...I was just blown away by the beauty of this part of Spain. I have been to Andalucia before but it was more like the typical tourist approach, although it was great its light years away from the experience I got on this tour.
    Thanks to Rons extensive local knowledge I got to see "the real Spain" with the hidden gems and introduction to the Spanish way of life.
    Thinking back it was also a culinary roadtrip as Ron takes you to lovely places for coffee breaks and lunch and you get to try the Andalucian cuisine.
    After each day of riding you go back to Home Base in Velez de Benaudalla and the accommodation is great with all the amenities you need to a high standard.
    The village itself is a really cosy place with small shops and bars, great way to spend the end of the day.
    The people are very friendly and the atmosphere is great and is a very nice place to stroll around since everything is well kept and you have a ancient Arabic fortress and gardens etc to explore (I´ll do that next time).
    The bikes:
    Coming from a sportsbike and streetfighter bikes background I wasn´t too sure about the adventure and dualsport typ of bikes. But now I can assure anyone who reads this that these bikes were a ton of fun and perfectly suited for the job with great comfort and handling. I had the 1200 GS for most of the days and its very confidence inspiring and you can really throw it around in the twisties. the boxer engine is smooth and has torque to move a house low down in rev range so basically you could ride all day in 3rd gear.
    I also tried the 650GS one day which was very flickable and light. The single cylinder "thumper" engine was really nice and had tractable power along the rev range in a way which I´m now thinking must be almost a trademark BMW way. Anyway going from the 1200GS to the old 650GS I was expecting it to be a bit dull, but I had a great time on the smaller bike aswell and was just as much fun as the 1200GS.
    Ron also let me have a go on one of his beloved classics, which was really nice. The engine sound was just amazing! A really nice bike actually.

Coming back from the tour I am feeling revitalized and grateful to have been able to do this trip.
    To have been able to ride on this beautiful part of the world, ride great bikes and meet some truly wonderful people like Ron and his business partner Graham who really took great care of me even after the tours inviting me to dinner and drinks with their friends.

To the person reading this and thinking "BAH! I´ll rent a bike a ride around myself. How hard can it be?" (I was one of you myself):
    If youre lucky you maybe could find yourself stumbling upon the some the amazing places I was taken to, if you´re on your own.
    If you´re lucky you will have a good bike while you´re out there.
    If you´re lucky you´ll find some of the amazing twisty roads that we´ve been riding on your own
    If you´re lucky you´ll find some of the great places for breaks on your own.
    If you´re lucky you´ll meet some great people along the journey and share some great conversations.

Or you could book this tour and get all the above in one package.
    This tour is really more than the sum of its parts.

I am sure you will go back beaming with happiness as myself and the rest of the people that have commented before.

I´m already planning my next trip.

• #13

Hans Hændler and Fabrice Chevalard (lunes, 09 abril 2018 21:03)

Had a fantastic four days of riding with one day off road.Had not done this since I was a kid .Will be doing more off road for sure. The roads in Spain are really good . With great mountain riding mixed in with a bit of technican riding which makes it more fun. Really enjoyed the BMW F650GS and Dakar models .I normally ride a heavy older bike and these where great fun nibble and very capable mounts. Ron knows the best spots to stop for lunch and so Does Graham. Thanks both for a great time Hans

• #14

00353872606131 (lunes, 16 abril 2018 10:48)

This was my second experience of hiring motorcycles in Spain and by far the best. Three of us traveled for four days to this beautiful part of Spain. Ron , our host could not do enough for us, he was always available and very helpful and never complained when one of our party wanted to try three different bikes (which he did at no cost) The roads in the region are spectacular and in amazing condition, I would love to send our County Council over there to see how you build real roads. We were picked up and returned to the airport and Ron suggested several stunning rides. The price was by far the cheapest we could find and the bikes were good.
    The accommodation was good and the overall atmosphere was relaxed. Great restaurant in the village and the bars are very cheap (two Brandy's and a Jack Daniels €5.70 total) Well done Ron, we will be back. Albert FitzGerald

• #15

Liam April 2018 (sábado, 21 abril 2018 21:45)

Just finished 3 days of top riding with a bunch a great lads. Ron was a top man from start to finish...met us at the airport and took us to base camp in the mountains. We went out for a couple of hours on arrival day just to get the feel of the bikes. We chose the 800GS bikes which were exactly right for the tour. 3 fantastic days followed clocking up about 750 km through every imaginary route possible. Scenery was spectacular and the variety of routes immense. Ron was a great leader setting the pace to suit the riders always putting safety first. Each trip has a few stops for coffee, photo opportunities and very well priced 3 course meal. Ron’s business partner, Graham came out for a couple of riding days and added to the experience. The village where we stayed Vélez de Benaudalla was perfect - few pubs serving tapas with every drink, so no need for evening meal. Bikes were kept in mint condition with Ron doing daily maintenance on each bike. I left the place this morning and can’t stop thinking about the great time. Already planning a return for next year to try out some off road. Cheers guys...see you next year!!

• #16

skin and the boys fae scotland (domingo, 13 mayo 2018 11:51)

just had the mini tour with ron and pete excellent time brilliant weather and hoists could not have helped us any better roads and views to die for bikes well maintained house and bar magic locals friendly and helpful all good from the team will be back �!!.all the best to pete of the airborne division �

• #17

Bernie & louise (domingo, 17 junio 2018 01:39)

We spent a week with Ron riding his well maintained classic bmw motorcycles, Ron knows his area like the back of his hand & we did some great riding & he showed us some amazing sites & scenery, accommodations was great & he made us feel very welcome, thanks again for a awesome time Ron, we look forward to coming back & doing it again, cheers from
    Bernie & Louise
    Australia ✌️

• #18

Owen & Petra Williams (domingo, 24 junio 2018 20:47)

Great two day bespoke tour. Rides to suit us perfectly , great accommodation clean and tidy comfortable and close to the town. Bikes kept immaculate and rode the same hard to believe the age on the gas I was on felt like a new bike, Ron is a great guy to ride with speed and routes changed to fit our needs, good stops just when needed and chatty. We hit the more technical roads on day 1 with a faster run to the ski area on day two perfect combination.

Thanks Ron.

• #19

RICARDO Y MARTA (martes, 24 julio 2018 09:56)

Agradecer infinito a Ron, un tipo auténtico y encantador; Todo facilidades y buen rollo; REPETIREMOS SEGURO
    Increíble experiencia; Un lujo poder disfrutar en moto de montaña y mar a la vez, en apenas unos minutos. De Castillos, de curvas, de cascadas, de una fantástica comida a pie de playa..............todo a la vez, todo vivido en moto, ÚNICO E INCREIBLE.
    Del camino, del momento, de las promesas............de mi compañera
    Lo llevaremos SIEMPRE con nosotros

Marta y Ricardo
    Buitrago de Lozoya

• #20

Jay (miércoles, 30 enero 2019)

It was a last minute plan and I am very pleased that I did do this trip. Right from the very start when I exchanged emails with Ron to the end of the trip there wasn’t anything that I did not like. Ron was flexible and a great host with a lovely collection of bikes. I would recommend the trip to anyone with a interest in bikes....and love of riding as Ron does know some fantastic roads and adapts the day to fit what you want to do and how technical you want your ride to be. Thanks Ron

• #21

Amos, 23 to 25 April 2019 (domingo, 05 mayo 2019 13:26)

I booked a short 3 day tour out of frustration of not being able to ride as much as I would like to and almost as a taster because everyone always bangs on about the Alps and northern Spain so wasn't sure what to expect in Andalucia.
    Surprisingly this was one of the best short holidays (and not just biking) I have ever had. The roads are superb, nothing like I have ever ridden before and there was hardly any traffic - I honestly would have been happy returning home after just one day of riding. The pictures on this website do not do this holiday justice.
    Rons local knowledge is very impressive, so much so that most of our days were not planned, we would agree on a 'cultural experience' on my behalf and the ride would be tailored around that. Hardcore bikers will love this experience too, Ron is a passionate biker. For those looking for a more rounded holiday on a motorcycle, this works as well. The area is full of history which Ron is more than willing to share. Don't be tempted to just hire a bike, you will be missing out on so, so much more.
    The location is also impressive, a small village of which Ron is valued member of the community, so you are always made to feel as part of the community.
    My only disappointment is that I didn't go for a longer trip. I am now seriously considering the Morocco tour, I heard first hand feedback from a returning holidayer that its a once in a lifetime experience.

My highlights:
    Great host with incredible local knowledge- don't be afraid to ask
    Great bikes, really well looked after and so much choice
    Guaranteed weather
    Incredible roads, mind blowing mountain passes, have you ever ridden a 270 degree hairpin?
    Great location and a good extended group of friends that make you feel welcome
    Culture - steeped in history, you can see it everywhere
    Great clean and well equipped accommodation
    The food, if you love to eat, the local delicacies will widen your waistline
    Finally, the local bar does free (and different) tapas with every beer!

Thanks for the memories Ron and amigos

• #22

Skin, Grahame,Iain and the west coast tribe 9th may 2019 (martes, 14 mayo 2019 21:35)

second trip with ron and his partner grahame as per the first trip magic and loads of different things and roads to see mountains coast roads and the magical blue lakes first shot on the african twin some bike all the accommodations and bikes are great and beer and food great .Ron goes above and beyond to make your stay and trips each day fantastic while grahame at the back gets the laughs watching you mess up your line on the corners . the boys and anna make it a great adventure and holiday till next year , well forgot some of the team back in september for morocco. have a great retirement pete you the man �

• #23

Paul Jansen (martes, 06 agosto 2019 17:25)

Rented a BMW with Ron just for one day and it was great! The beautiful scenery that southern Spain offers together with the great roads that go trough it is something every biker should experience! Thinking about coming back one day to do a full weekend with Ron so he can show us the best roads!

• #24

Brendan & Mike Tullamore Ireland. (domingo, 15 septiembre 2019 20:52)

Were over with Ron for a few days accommodation & bike hire last week. (2nd time for me). Super trip: Ron is an excellent host and we travelled on great roads with quality bikes. Highly recommended.!!!!
    Hope to make it a third time before the year is out.!